Plados Telma has sustainability as its founding philosophy, sustainability not as an ideology but as sustainability as a concrete and daily commitment that translates into many small environmentally friendly actions that take nothing away from us and can do so much to protect the health of the planet.
In this article we want to give you some tips to learn how to make the best use of your kitchen appliances, thus avoiding unnecessary waste of resources.
Let's start with the refrigerator and the first useful rule to avoid waste is to put every food in the right shelf.
On the lower shelf, where there are drawers, you can put fruit and vegetables; on the upper shelf, the coldest one, it is best to store more easily perishable foods such as meat or fish; on the central shelf, on the other hand, you can store fresh and mature cheeses, vegetables that you have cooked or other foods that have already been cooked, remembering to use airtight boxes, preferably made of glass; on the highest shelf you can store eggs and food in jars such as preserves or vegetables in oil.
Use the refrigerator door for ready-made drinks, sauces or condiments.
It is worth remembering that a ecological use of the refrigerator start from the shopping, buy only what you need, check expiry dates and keep in sight the foods that are close to expiration so as not to forget them and then be forced to throw them in the trash.
We get to the hob: to minimize energy waste we advise you to pay attention to a few simple rules that will also save you money on your bill.
- Use pots and pans that are the right size for your stove and always use a lid;
- Take advantage of basket cooking methods, you can cook multiple dishes at once;
- Cook food at room temperature, it will take less time to heat up;
- Put the salt in the water only when it has reached a boil.
Even using your oven can save energy, which is good for the planet and your wallet, simply by remembering to:
- Do not open the door continuously otherwise the temperature inside the oven will drop;
- Set the timer and turn off 5 minutes before the cooking indications by leaving the door closed.
- Prefer ventilated cooking, which creates an even temperature inside the oven.
It is worth remembering that the first rule for an ecological use of household appliances is to buy the latest generation. If you are interested in learning more about our kitchen products, please visit the home appliances section of our website. here.