Plados Telma has sustainability as its founding philosophy, sustainability not as ideology but sustainability as a concrete, daily commitment that translates into many small, environmentally friendly actions that take nothing away from us and can do so much to protect the health of the planet.
In this article, we would like to give you some tips on how to make the best use of your kitchen appliances, thus avoiding unnecessary waste of resources.
Let's start with the refrigerator, and the first rule to avoid waste is to put every food on the right shelf.
On the lower shelf, where the drawers are, you can store fruit and vegetables; on the upper, cooler shelf, it is best to store more easily perishable food such as meat or fish; on the middle shelf, you can store fresh and seasoned formaggi, vegetables that you have cooked or other cooked food, remembering to use airtight tins, preferably glass; on the top shelf, you can store eggs and jarred food such as preserves or pickles.
Use the refrigerator door for ready-made drinks, sauces or condiments.
It is worth remembering that a ecological use of the refrigerator starts with shopping, buying only what is necessary, checking expiry dates and keeping food that is close to expiry date in sight so that we do not forget it and then have to throw it in the rubbish.
We get to the hob: to minimize energy waste we advise you to pay attention to a few simple rules that will also save you money on your bill.
- Use pots and pans that are the right size for your stove and always use a lid;
- Taking advantage of basket cooking methods, you can cook several dishes at the same time;
- Cook food at room temperature, it will take less time to heat up;
- Only put salt in the water when it has reached boiling pointone.
Even using the oven can save energy, which is good for the planet and your wallet, simply by remembering to:
- Do not open the door continuously otherwise the temperature inside the oven will drop;
- Set the timer and turn off 5 minutes before the cooking indications by leaving the door closed.
- Prefer ventilated cooking, which creates an even temperature inside the oven.
It is worth remembering that the first rule for environmentally friendly use of household appliances is to buy the latest generation of appliancesone. If you are interested in learning more about our kitchen products, please visit the home appliances section of our website. here.